Jerrell - Denver, Colorado

“Strength is the spirit of wisdom, understanding the ironies of existence, escaping the ignorance of simplicity, conquering every malicious soul, trying to invade the sacredness of factual peace in all planes of reality…”

“Eternity knows no boundaries or limitations, freedom from judgmental properties, the gifts and comforts of non-complacency. The constant supremacy and struggle between superiority and inferiority is very hard and complicated, yet a necessary dilemma for spiritual growth. Solitude within this philosophical expression alone proves a universal comprehension of its mixtures and rhythms, as well as encouraging or inspiring a reader to reach a destination beyond what they deem as possible within our physical and mental limitations or trespasses………” I had been depressed about the events of the days previously prior to the date of this occurrence, wondering if I am to blame, not to bore or distraught the reader of this manuscript but I have to bear the thoughts and depressive conjectures and phrases of those who want to hold a dread against me for known or unknown causes, a mysterious ailment that it in its own anatomical structures has plagued my very mind from the moment it all began way back in the day: elementary school….. The morning at my house was sunny, with a sprinkle of overcasting clouds, so pure and white, I peer out of my windowsil with the anticipation of greatness and aspirational fortitude. A gleaming beam of sun-rays shed a light of hope for the future to come, and a feeling of empowerment, from heaven above me, the sole realization of a force that exceeds my own by incomprehensable boundaries was enough to get me up out of my humble bed, and begin my day. Cautiously, quietly, vigorously pushing myself literally to make it out of the house on time, every minute passing as if time was in a rush of its speed also. Consuming my last bit of cream or wheat hot cereal granulated with extra butter and sugary milk products, I dash sparingly towards the doorway of my room, in heat and desperation of timeliness, I press onward, grabbing a spiffy outfit, decent black jeans as usual, tattered shoes in minimal condition, and a jacket and backpack fit for a studious person, on the daily grind for success. I am ready, having done everything a young high school lad has to do in the early hours to be prepared for work, hygiene and education materials already taken care of, I hastily power-walk out of the house, bypassing countless houses and front-lawns, finally reaching the 65 bus stop near a local saint Lutherine Baptist Church Of God In Christ, waiting so patiently and silenced, expecting the unexpected… My bus arrives with a forceful landing, brushing the curb of were I was residing with a deadly and intimidating displeasing aroma of heartache and frustration, brought on by equal and wrongfully mannered subjugation. Lastly and readily boarding the transportation vehicle by government policy, I take my seat, and rest, awaking at George Washington High School, the prospect of my learning environment, a beautiful courtyard assembles itself into my sights… Noon came around and I was heading towards Mcdonald’s for an afternoon hamburger snack, buying and engulfing the sandwich whole, gastric and intestinal fortitudinal perspectives come into play, both analytically and retrospectively, super-greasy bacon strips glide down my skinny and emaciated esophagus, oily residue tracking its way to the bowels and pits of my belly, gaseously digesting and dissolving into nothingness. Soon after, I rushed to my next class of the day, weight-training, the sheer name of it gives me certain chills up towards my vetebral column that shutters and echoes signals of weariness throughout my body. Stepping up towards the sweat-ridden double-doors gave a uneasiness in my soul that is all too chilling and disturbing to place into words… A corrosive and deafening odor is remnantly emitted forth from the hallway inner-passages of the men’s locker-room, a sensation I will never forget even til this very eve.. Quickly suiting up for the rigor and valiance lying ahead for me, I swiftly and agilely jog up the stairwell that is to the right just as you enter the locker rooms, at the very end of the sectioned hall, just by our instructor’s office. I then rush to a nearby bench press station as coach yells with a commando voice “BARS UP!,AND TRAIN!!!…” those words resonated and circulated throughout my bloodstream and cerebral cortex at once, sending variable impulses all over my cerebellum and integumentary system. Lifting the bar above my chest cavity, I rotate my wrists to adjust my position accordingly and initiate a lift in which you touch your chest with the edge of the bar slightly, then push back up outways, towards the rack in which it is placed on when not in usage. Lactic acid and my burassas sac that covers the synovial fluid of my joints began to receed significantly and depthful disipate, a feat that was shockingly not painful at all, as it prospectively sounds when said or told. Excruciating and tremendous “mountain moving” effort was given by my thinking, yet my body was retrospectively pleading with my muscles to stop before serious damage was taking place… Tear drops of disappointment and self-pity drop saddeningly from my cheekbones, causing my self-confidence to plummet to valley lows, allowing doubt to make new residency in my conscience. Gradually, I wanted the sweet pleasures of water, yet another dark and unrelenting force forced itself unto my countenance, never to let go of feeling strain, to carry myself past the limits, to surpass the bounds of capability. In ending resolutions, my arms give out and the bar slumps over to my farthest right-hand side of my lower bottom torso, a friend of mine extracts the bar from my fragile and trembling hands in reassuring whispers of “I gotchu”…. as if the bar weight only as much in quantity and mass as that of a piece of lint from a fabric of some sort in comfort options. So strength can prevail under massive circumstances, empowering and endowing the user with the abilities of resilience, to abstractlty out-do the problems in life that tend to hold us down figuratively and spiritually, gaining the definite wise enlightenment and insight, to reach destinations that impossibility and time itself contains in our dimension…….. Receiving not the physical strength that I seeked that afternoon, but the fiery and icy willpower, to fight yet another century for ultimacy…”