I Believe that Peace is the Only Way to True Happiness.

stephanie - vancouver,wa,98685, Washington
Themes: peace

Have you ever been so angry that you just want to be alone and be with yourself? And when your alone you suddenly just calm down a forget what happened? I think that’s what true peace is. My step mom once told “you must give your soul peace and you will truly be happy step by step one day at a time no living your life in the past the past no longer exists its over and done and gone the past is only a conversation a memory we were to learn from not our life not our future”.

I believe that having peace with you is the only way to true happiness. Peace is something that I feel the need to have with everyone including myself. I feel that when I’m angry or sad I just need to sit down and think positive things and say good things about myself. It some how always seems to work. When I feel like I have peace with myself and my surroundings I feel much better. The summer of 2007 was a hard summer for me. I was living off and on with different parents and I finally settled down in Vancouver and decided to stay. I was starting over with everyone and I finally made peace with myself and my surroundings.

One night I received a phone call it was one of my good friends Abby she said “Hey Steph you were friends with Joey Madison kid right? He passed away around four a clock today is that true?” I hung up I knew it wasn’t true. Of course it wasn’t true. I thought to myself for awhile. It just didn’t seem clear to me. I finally got around to it and I texted my friend Brian. I knew he was close with him. The message I sent him had said “is it true about Joey..?” He replied a few minutes later saying “I can’t talk right now my best friend just died” I knew instantly that it was true what had happened to Joey at the same time it didn’t seem real. I couldn’t imagine what Brain was going through or Joey’s other friends but let alone what the Madison’s were going thought I couldn’t even imagine all the pain and sadness that was going on in their hearts.

I was still shocked. Still I couldn’t believe what had happened. It just didn’t seem real to me or anyone else. He was the kid everyone just couldn’t wait for him to come home from military school and to live it up with him he was the kind of person that would say lets do something “hella tight” would just to be going out and to do something fun. He raised every one’s hopes and sprits. People that were close with him wished people that weren’t close with him had a chance to meet him. He was a great person. Time went by the accident was all over the news and people were posting tons or things on myspace and on other websites. Days and days passed still didn’t seem real to me. I had only met Joey once or twice and hangout with him but it affected me because my like friends were close with him and just because they were I felt a bond that we were all close with him.

School started and my mind was based on other things such as school and homework friends and family everyone kind of was doing better then what it was before I felt as if they had made peace with themselves and with god knowing he was in a better place now. I myself had made peace with my self.