William - Gardner, Massachusetts

This I Believe.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of Heaven and Earth and Hell and everything in between.I believe in Jesus Christ, His only son,

begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Jesus Christ has many brothers and sisters, including Buddha and Mohammed to name a few. I believe that because I was taught

to by my parents and the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

I believe in the truth, painful though it may be. One thing about truth is that it’s constant, even though it’s perceived by many people in many different ways.Once people believed that the earth was flat, but in truth it’s elliptical in shape. Only Columbus knew for sure, I think.

Once I told my wife the truth about me. She

couldn’t deal with it. She became so pissed, she

divorced me – and rightfully so. The words of Jesus are indeed true for me:” You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.” Today, I’m free indeed. Free from living a double life. Free from sexual perversions. Free

from stress. Free from pain. Free from doubts and confusion.

I believe in freedom. Freedom to speak the truth, even though it hurts. Freedom to pursue happiness and attain it at the same time.Freedom to live in peace, accepting all of humanity as family, regardless of their beliefs and customs and even their behaviors.

Can terrorism be excused? Absolutely not.

But it can be forgiven, with time. Terrorists are terrorists because they’ve been trained to be.They are driven to it by the same force that

drove me to sexual perversions. But there is a force that can indeed conquer it. That force is love.

I believe in love. Love for humanity. Love for all of God’s creations. Love for nature including all animals and plants and insects, like ants,

mosquitos, bees, spiders, and houseflies.

I believe in the Holy Spirit of love that is God

everlasting. It is the only hope that remains for this troubled world of ours. For this reason, Jesus gave us one more commandment in addition to the original ten: “Love one another

as I have loved you.” I have yet to complete that task. I probably never will.

I believe in dialogue and compromise and negotiation and win-win solutions. I believe the REd Sox will win the world series, again. I believe in the United States of America and the republic for which its flag stands.

I believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I believe in optimism and hope for

America and the whole world and for me and you. I belive in life everlasting.

I believe that Heaven is within us and all around us. We need only to become aware of its presence. This I believe.