Margaret - Columbus, Ohio
Themes: love

I believe in love at first sight.

Because I believe so strongly in a relationship that grows upon first meeting, it is obvious that I am an individual in my beliefs. I always go out on a limb, respect my morals and values, persevere towards my dreams, and live every day like it was my last. Love is a valued part of everyone’s life; however, love at first sight is an irreplaceable memory. It sparks a magical and everlasting feeling that launches a future relationship filled with joy. Love at first sight begins with the first encounter and continues to grow upon future run-ins, dates, wedlock, and ultimately lifelong happiness. This strong, yet heavily debated belief holds a permanent spot in my heart.

Have you ever felt a deep, romantic passion for someone upon first handshake? At the first moment of meeting, I believe it is possible to fall in love with the person of your dreams. Many people debate that love at first sight is strictly a physical attraction; however, I believe it is much, much more.

In fall of 2002, I met the young man that I knew I would spend the rest of my life with. The situation was your typical football Friday night as a freshman in high school. After completion of the fourth quarter and the home team victory, I was with my friends congratulating the players. As the sweaty boys walked towards the locker room, I met eyes with jersey number four. At that moment, butterflies swooped into my stomach, my eyes glistened, all the sounds of the stadium were silenced, and I instantly became speechless. The best part about this instant attraction was that I knew the feeling was mutual. That evening sparks were flying and the instant passion turned into a future of love.

In a way, this instantaneous passion has taught me a very valuable lesson. I have learned to trust my instincts. By living through an experience of love at first sight, I now know that true love can not be forced. It is instead found through magical moments and instant, passionate feelings. If I were not raised to believe in myself and the things that seem so real to me, I would not have challenged myself to the risk of love at first sight that Friday evening.

I believe in so many things, but the power of love is one that will hold true for the rest of my life. Whether it is love at first sight or love that has grown over many years, a relationship with someone is a matchless memory. Love at first sight is so powerful that it changes one’s life for the better by proving that one’s future is an unwritten storybook that is constantly changing. I believe in the power of first meetings that turn into lifelong relationships. I believe in love at first sight.