Benjamin - Austin, Texas
Themes: change

I believe you shouldn’t fear change. What is fear? A figment of your imagination? What do you fear? Ghosts, roller coasters, small spaces, or even rats? Here is a dictionary definition. Fear: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Dictionary definitions can be totally different from another that you already have in your head. They could both be right, or you could be wrong, but in the end it’s how you look and interpret the word that matters. One fear is change. Some people embrace change with open arms. Others are horrified by it. I myself don’t mind it, even on some occasions I like it. Every human being is going to be different, and from person to person fears will vary.

I think a particular fear can be overcome with time and thought. Some people can’t function correctly because of a fear they have. That’s pretty bad and should get fixed. Change could be one of them. Whatever it may be the person has to live with it and get the most out of life even with it. Some may seek help through a psychiatrist or some other time of doctor; other might try to cope with it themselves.

One of the ways I look at change is that it’s inevitable. It’s also unpredictable, a voltile factor in everyday life. It’s going to happen eventually, and you can not stop it no matter how hard you try. You can prepare for it by being a flexible person, able to think ahead and make decisions on the spot. Have you ever played an online and fast paced video game? If you have, then you probably know what I mean. If you can do that, you can overcome that aspect of change. And it’s good practice for working at a demanding job. Sometimes demanding jobs mean more pay, but that’s not always the case is it?

Yes, some changes are bad and can mess some things up. But don’t be pessimistic! Look on the bright side! Some changes can be w o n d e r f u l. Think of the glass half full. They could open up a new window of opportunity. Whenever I think of pessimistic and optimistic it personally reminds me of Finding Nemo. It might sound a little silly to you but it helps be remember the meaning behind the words. They could shed light on a new way of thinking and learning. It could make your life easier. You never know.

For those of you that believe in evolution, change was a key role in the theory. We supposedly came from lesser life forms, change was needed. Everything really relates back to change, from the moment you wake up, ’til your head hits the pillow, it’s all around you. Just go with the flow, live day by day to the fullest, and I’m certain you will be fine. And that is why I believe that no one should be afraid of change