Lindy - Dowagiac, Michigan

From searching through the midnight sky to peering at the clouds of the day. From listening to music to watching television. From simply staring at the ceiling or getting wacked in the head, some creative thought is bound to pop up. Haven’t you ever looked up at the sky or peered at the ground beneath you and day dream a little? You ever think of that perfect idea you’ve had for so long, or just now thought of, that could change the world? Ever thought of making that dream a reality?

Creativity has been in this world for tens of thousands of years now and is still going strong. Its a natural human function and everyone has it. The people who say they don’t have one creative bone in their body are just kidding themselves. Everyone is creative in one way or another and just need to find their creative output. Whether it be sculpture, metalwork, painting, writing music, playing an instrument, drawing, writing short stories, picture taking, or even playing video games, or anything else that requires some careful thought or strategic planning. I know this because I used to think that I was as creative as a tree stump. But I eventually found my calling.

In elementary school I was never a very focused kid, and I’m still not one now. When the teacher would talk and try to explain an assignment I would always have something else on my mind. My head in the clouds, in my own world, I would occasionally get in trouble for not paying attention. But I didn’t care, I was having fun. And all that zoning out wasn’t totally pointless. I would draw. And people said I was pretty good too. So, I decided that maybe I should look into this whole drawing thing. And now, 7 years later, I’m known for my abilities as a successful artist. I do commissions for people who ask me to draw something for them, and they pay me for it. And I’m hoping to become a successful character/ storyboard designer for video games or a comic book writer/ illustrator.

Everyone has their calling, you just need to look for it. And when you find it, in that split-second, you’ll be the happiest person in the world. I’ve looked up at the sky and peered at the ground. I’ve thought of that perfect idea that could change the world. I’m trying to make my dream a reality… are you?