August - portland, Oregon

My belief is not something about world peace or anything like that. I believe that music helps people. a lot of times its the small stuff, like going through a break up or your friend moving away, other times its the big stuff like learning that your grandparent is about to pass away or hearing your friend commit suicide.

Music helped me get through my break up. I just put some breaking Benjamin and zoned out. i saw them like then i was racing across the streets in metropolis with master chief. It helps me forget about normal life and step into my own mind.

when your your felling sad crank ac/dc and play the air guitar. When you feel depressed put some three days grace on sit on the couch maybe the song will get you thinking “ hi this guy went through the same thing and he got out of it maybe i could get out of it to” then you listen to happy music cause your happy.

Some people think that music puts terrible things in to your head like overpowering the government or going against the law. But no matter what music genre, band, or whet song music still helps. Whether its mainstream or not every one has a couple of songs that helped them through a tough time. If it wasn’t for Coldplay or Dave Matthews then i wouldn’t be the person i am today.

My belief is that when your scared, lonely, sad, or even depressed they can crank up the stereo and listen to your favorite band and start to fell at least a little better. Music helped me and a lot of people that i know get through so really bad times. When I turn on some Rammstien i think I’m in a crazy mash pit.