Lucas - Austin, Texas
Themes: hope, sports

I believe in the Cowboys. I believe they can go to super bowl and win it all. I believe this because they have started the season 5-0, the first time in a long time. There offensive is the best in the league and there defense improves every week.

On the offensive side of the ball they have Tony Romo, Terrel Owens and Jason Witten. Behind his offensive line, Tony Romo has added up over 1500 yards (second most in the NFL) in the first 5 games and 13 touchdowns. T.O and Jason Witten have added up almost 800 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns. They also have a rookie kicker, who has already hit a 53 yard game winner kick versus Buffalo and has proven to be a reliable kicker. They also one two punch with Julius Jones and Marion Barber at running back, being able to keep each other fresh. With all these weapons this adds up to be the best offense in the league with an average of 430 yards per game.

On the other side of the ball, there defense is improving every week allowing fewer points each week. In there 4th and 5th game they have not given up a touchdown. Anthony Henry, one of there starting cornerbacks leads the league with 4 interceptions. They are now one of the best 10 defenses in the league letting there opponents average less then 80 yards rushing and 200 yards passing.. There defensive line also has 12 sacks, the 11th best of the 32 teams in the league.

There special teams is a little lacking but there kick returer can break a few and has helped them maintain good field position through out the season. They have one of the leagues best punters Mat McBriar, who averages around 50 yards per kick, and has kicked some booming punts of 64 yards.

Besides the obvious talent, the cowboys have, they also have heart and are resilient. They showed that they have heart in there game versus the bill on October 7.

With Tony Romo struggling most of the game, the rest of the team stepping up to help them win 25-24 including 9 points in the last 20 seconds. The cowboys never gave up and fought back from being down 11 points in the fourth quarter. This game showed the character of the Cowboys and how they respond when they have a bad game, but were still able to win. Another thing the Cowboys have going for them this year, is they have managed to stay nearly injury free this year, besides Terry Glen. With the remaining schedule not to tough for the Cowboys, besides the Patriots, it would be a shocker if they did not make it to the playoffs.

This being said, that is why I believe the Cowboys are going to be good. That is why I believe the Cowboys can go to the super bowl and win it all.