Lauren - USA
Themes: forgiveness

There is an old saying that says, “Never take anyone for granted because you never know what could happen,” I know exactly what it means. I believe in the power of forgiveness, and the power to not hold grudges against people because everyone makes mistakes. Just like my one of my sisters and my closest friend, Andrea. For me she was another sister that could protect and take my side on everything, for my sister Justine she was someone who she could tell everything to, she was there for both of us in different ways and had a big impact on both of our lives.

Until one day unexpectedly, I had come home from school and my sister Justine was home (she was a freshman and I was in 7th grade). I usually came home before Justine and Andrea did, but there Justine was sitting at the table. Andrea wasn’t with her and Andrea lived with my family and I, so I was kind of curious, why Justine was home and Andrea was not. Until Andrea comes walking in the front door and my sister starts yelling and cussing at her, and I am sitting there like what is going on, why did she just all of sudden go after her. Then she yells at her and tells her to get out of our house, so I stand up and try to defend Andrea, until I had found out what she had done. She had been telling everyone at the high school that my sister and I had been talking about people behind their backs, my sister got jumped by four other girls that day and Andrea saw, but didn’t do anything and just left my sister to defend for herself. My sister pushed her out of our house and started to cry, I was in shock thinking that she couldn’t possibly be the one who would put my sister and I into that kind of situation, but later I found out that it was her. As time went on the same girls who had though we had been talking about them got me and my sister and jumped both of us and told us that Andrea was the one who was telling them everything and telling us how horrible we were to kick her out of our house and everything. From there my sister and I were on the down low for a while, really didn’t go anywhere. One night when I did I saw her and was angry with her, because how could someone who said they loved you, would want you to get hurt or put any kind of hurt on you. For a while I held a grudge against her, not really being with her everyday had its affect on us, but we finally got over it. By then we had move to a different town because things had gotten so out of hand. I never had a chance to really tell her that I forgave her, because it has been about three years since this incident and she has passed on to a better place, but I regret that I stopped talking to her and not hearing her side of the story.