Ma-Kirah - Dallas, Texas
Themes: Christianity

Someone once told me, “I rather live a life believing in God, die and find out that there isn’t a God; than live life not believing, die and find out there is a God.” That’s how I go about my belief in God. Christianity is a strange faith because you believe in something that can’t be seen, but that’s the definition of faith. I wasn’t always a Christian, when I was a child my family and I didn’t attend church, but one day my mom was invited to one of her friend’s church. The people were friendly and the spirit was very warm. After a couple of more visits to the church, I thought, if being a Christian meant nice people and good friends, then I want to be apart. Of course, as I grew older I learned that being a Christian is much more than that. As I read the bible and start feeling this unknown spirit take over my heart, I started to believe that there is a God. When I accepted God into my heart and life, I began to see how He had been blessing me even though I did not know Him. Times like when I almost drowned in a pool because I went to the 8 feet water when I was only 4 feet and 5 inches tall. He was there making sure my cousin could swim over and pull me out of the pool where I could breathe in air instead of water. After I accepted God as the head of my life He continued to be there through my trials, tribulations, and triumphs. I believe in God because every time I attend church or I hear His word, I get this indescribable feeling that touches my heart and let’s me know that God is real. It’s kind of like one of those gut feelings that you can’t run from because it continues to punch you in the stomach. I believe that God is real.