Dane - Rocklin, California

What I believe…

Happiness is what I live for. Happiness to me is close friends and family. Plenty of people always say that happiness is close friends and family as well but I am a seventeen-year-old boy who has just discovered this. Happiness and a positive attitude is what gets me through the day; in other words my close friends and family make me happy.

Most kids around my age are more interested in items, something you can buy. Kids around my age find cars, shoes, and clothes important to them. I myself enjoy being able to go buy something anytime I want but it just doesn’t seem to be as important as what is really close to me.

I have been through a lot with family, and friends. Some of my family including young and older relatives aren’t who they use to be. Family problems can split nearly everything in half. I have seen my own family become rivals to one another and it’s not pretty. My close family whom I wouldn’t change for the world protected me through my darkest years of a divorce. What I mean by “close family” are the people who are, who they say they are, the people that love me the most no matter what, the very few people I live with.

Everyone has friends. Everyone has best friends. I have friends who I can say are nearly my family. I had a best friend of eight years who I thought I knew and was a friend that was a part of my family. It turns out he wasn’t and it just so happened that I lost a best friend and half of my family all in the same year.

Through it all I gained strength. I gained strength in heart and mind. I know what’s important to me. I have other beliefs but not quite as big a belief as this one such as, not judging people, accept people for who they are etc.

After all of this I still do not want to change one thing about my past because, it has shaped me into who I am today. My beliefs and views are different and I always try to do the right thing as well as keep a positive attitude. No longer do I wake up unhappy or have a crappy day because of what happiness means to me. I gained a best friend that has impacted my life so much and is a part of my family and I found out who my real family is and I wouldn’t give any of them up for the world.