Ariel - Dallas, Texas
Themes: hope, love

My boyfriend and I fight so often that it’s most likely once a week. We fight over the silliest, stupidest little things most of the time. What’s great though is that we’re always able to forgive each other and work things out. Through these little fights, we become stronger as a couple, and each of us becomes stronger as a person. If in these fights my boyfriend and I have, either of us just gave up and said, “ok, you win” then we would have broken up a long time ago. But throughout our relationship we have both persevered and been optimistic and been able to stay together and become stronger together.

Believing that everything can be resolved and made better is not only a confidence booster, but also gives optimism every day in my life. Whenever things with my family get tough, I just look towards what good may come and hold my breath till it’s all over then learn from what happened and remember it. I make sure that if something similar ever happens again, I’ll know what to do and how to go about doing it, causing the least amount of friction possible between family members.

If I didn’t believe that the glass is half full, rather than half empty, I don’t know how many things I would’ve given up on by now. I don’t like to do, or pursue things I think aren’t interesting. However there are many things in life that must be done in order to get ahead in life. When I’m faced with something I don’t necessarily want to do, I take a minute and think about what good can come from it, take that into consideration, and then complete the task as quickly, yet accurately as possible so as to do well on it.

A positive outlook in life makes me feel great and makes me look great towards others. Thinking that something good can come of anything thrown at me lets me not have to worry about as many things, as much as I would otherwise. Being able to do this, makes me a bit less stressed and more in tune with what’s happening around me. I believe that the best way to be happy is to believe that you can be happy no matter what happens in your life. No matter how many times I’m kicked down, I pick myself up and tell myself to keep on trucking and not let anything ruin the great time I could be having despite whatever circumstances.