Faith as a Stress Reliever

Samantha - Centennial, Colorado

r

Every since I was born my family and I have been involved in the Lutheran church. My whole life I have attended Christ Lutheran Church and up until high school I’ve gone to a private school. Though out my life my belief in faith has grown tremendously. Faith is a huge part of my life and it is also a huge part of the world in general.

Each and every day I see people use their faith whether its people in my own family or just random people I see on the street, I see them let go of their problems and f have faith that God will take care of it. I have had to deal with death a lot in my life, whether I’m losing someone I love or seeing someone I love lose someone. When one of my best friends lost her dad I didn’t understand how she was so fine with what happened. I was confused as to how she and her sister where able to get up in front of the entire congregation and give a speech at their dad’s funeral, without shedding a tear. How could they be so calm about it? Then I figured it out, they simply had faith. Faith that everything would be okay, faith that it happened for a reason, and faith that their dad is watching over them each and every day. They used faith instead of letting themselves get stressed out about it. Sure they were worried, wouldn’t you be if you lost someone close to you? But they knew how to handle their struggle and they trusted that God would take care of them.

How could someone have faith when such a horrible thing happens? How could a mom and dad who lost both of their sons within 2 years still believe that God loves them and that everything will end up okay? This happens as because of faith.

Each of us has been blessed with the gift of faith, some have a stronger faith than others, but somewhere deep inside of us we all have faith. I am the kind of person the stresses out easily and faith is a great way to relieve myself from that stress. Having faith allows me to put my trust in God and give my burdens to him.

It’s not only important to have faith in God, but it’s important to have faith in yourself and others as well. Every day we have people that let us down or break a promise or whatever it may be, when things like this happen it is hard to trust them again and its hard to put your faith in them again. Though it may be hard, it is still important that you do it. Having faith can allow you to relieve your stress and it is important that you are able to rely on other people sometimes.