Diana - Dallas, Texas

I believe in revering Beauty: the purpose of a life is to search for Beauty, even the all too often dismissed virtue of physical beauty, in every situation and all other time is just filler. Something is beautiful because care and time was devoted to it. The artist, the romantic, the scientist, and the woman all know this. The destructive warmonger does not.

Beauty is so wonderful because It acts as a catalyst for all sorts of passions. If the biologist does not find any beauty in the plant he studies, his interests can never blossom and leave him to any discovery for the greater good. If a man saw his soul mate and felt no attraction then no pursuit would ever ensue because, as lovely as his or her personality might be, he will have no incentive to discover it. And as a person ages if he or she stops searching for their physical beauty, dismissing it as trivial despite the implications it has on all parts of your life and the refined wisdom that it takes to discriminate on a sensory level, they will loose a great joy. For me the object of my affection due to Beauty is fashion.

I have cut off my hair, worked until I soaked with sweat, broken down to tears, compromised my future, and broken my ankle for this passion. I’ve done this with pleasure because the beauty of fashion is ever-changing, seductive, and completely engaging. It’s offered me refuge and comfort in a surreal way that something of intellect could never do: it has nurtured me yet people have the nerve to describe it as a tyrant. It has given me a way to relate all things: the importance of nature as seen in shape and color motifs, the innovation of science in new textiles, the philosophy of the human quests for art or youth or wealth. And it has provided me with something to look at. You can not discredit this sense if you just remember that more adjectives in English are used to describe appearance than any other sense. If a day is going to allow a romance to flourish, it will be a sunny and lush day. Because there are so many ways to describe outer beauty there are still a million different ways to perceive it and the Greek canon is not always necessary now. A righteous person can become more physically beautiful through the mysteries of our mind and a beautiful person with an ill temper can loose her splendor. Our eyes are inexplicably connected to our hearts. “Keep your faith in all beautiful things,” says Roy R. Gilson.