Ivana - DeSoto, Texas

Family is the only thing that matters in this world, what would you do if you didn’t have one. When I was almost two, the adoption agency would transport me in and out of foster homes, so I know what it feels like even though I was very young I still was put in those conditions. When I was two years old, someone finally fell in love with me; she adopted me a few months later. I always wondered what happened to my birth parents, I don’t hate them for what they did, but I always wanted to know why they did what they did. It doesn’t faze me as much as it did because im older and I understand there were more factors to it. I have to learn how to let go and stop thinking and living in the past, I need to be worrying about the future. Even though this was a painful experience, I will always have one thing a family. I believe family is what helped me get through those hard times and without a family in this world we wouldn’t be able to survive. We may hate out family with a passion, but one day we have to realize that’s all we got and we have to live with that.