Carter - Littleton Colorado

Carter Widlund

October 10, 2007

I believe in a vast number of things, however, I believe most strongly in healthy family relationships. Healthy family relationships are the keys to strong individuals. Kids that grow up with strong family relations tend to be more self-confident in them selves and have the confidence to make the right choices in the future. I know that having my family to provide this support when I need it gives me the courage to make hard decisions that may not be popular with other kids. Even though my family interacts as a group, my family will end up being stronger individuals as a result of the strong family bond that we have.

One way to strengthen family relationships is family vacations. For my brothers and I, school causes tons of stress that we don’t really need. For us, vacation is like heaven on earth. Family vacations for my family do not usually involve stress because work and school don’t matter anymore; the only thing that really matters is that we are having fun. There are usually fun activities that distract us from the stresses of everyday life. For my family, trips to Mexico have been the keys to our happiness throughout the years. After we get home from vacation, we have something to look forward to the next year. These trips have included family activities like swimming in the ocean and long walks along the beach. Also, We have had fun with group activities at the pool. These activities help to reduce stress and promote our happiness for the rest of the vacation. I believe that the best way to strengthen family relationships is for a family to get away on a family vacation.

For my family and others as well, interaction with each other is another very important thing to cause family relations to strengthen. For my family we like to play football or any other activity that uses lots of energy. The reason for this is so that after we interact we can focus on our studies better. When my brothers and I play basement hockey, we tend to laugh a lot and have fun. This promotes better relations for us as well as our friends. In the end, we have better relations with each other even though we may fight afterwards. For my family playing games and sports is a great way to relieve stress and promote relation ships.

No matter what method you use to promote a good family relation ship they all work in some way or another. From vacations to family meetings their all great ways to get rid of stress and promote a great family relation ship.