Russ - Woodstock, Georgia

There are many things that I feel strongly about but there is one that I would pick over anything else. My faith in God. I believe everyone should have faith in something whether it’s Christianity or Islam or Judaism, but I believe that everything I have has been given to my by God. On a mission trip in 10th grade I had the biggest newsflash. On the other mission trips I just went to socialize but on this trip, I actually spent more time with God in a week than I had spent in a year. It gave me time to look back on my life. To observe all of the choices I’ve made whether regrettable or not. It also allowed me to praise Him for everything he has given me and gave me the time to mediate on how I could use those strengths to affect my life in the future as well as those around me. That experience has changed my life and has driven me to do more for God and for others. Ever since that life changing experience, great things have happened to me and I believe that they are due to my faith. There is a lot of controversy in the United States today about religion and I am not going to let someone tell me what I can and cannot believe in. I am going to believe in what I want and I believe in God. To me, religion is man’s most valuable and powerful weapon because what is life without faith? What purpose do you have to believe in unless you believe in something great that gives you something to live for? All in all, religion is the most important thing to me, but what about you? Think about it, it may change your life.