Annie - Littleton, Colorado

I believe in friendship. The kind where we can talk about anything, and when your mom asks you what you talked about, you can’t remember, because you talked about almost everything. The kind where you can make fun of each other and don’t get offended, the kind where we can tell each other everything, the kind when you can be who you are and not feel self conscience, the kind where we can laugh until we’re bending over in stomach pain, crossing our legs from something stupid/hilarious someone just said. Friends give you a sense of security, knowing that if someone says something to you, they will jump to your rescue. And when they’re hurt, you will do anything to make them happy. When my friends get a new boyfriend, I make it clear, if they hurt my friend, I hurt them. No joke, I have told that too many guys.

I also believe in trust. It’s hard, and I barely do, but I believe in trust. It’s hard for me to let people into my life, and when they’re in, I don’t want to let them go. It’s hard to believe in trust when some of your closest family members/friends have broken that trust. So I have trust issues, it’s hard for me to trust people, even if it’s a small thing, just telling them a secret. But I have friends that could some day prove me wrong, and that I can trust people. And so I not only believe in trust, but I believe in trusting only myself.

It was the last weekend of summer, and my dad decided it would be okay to not let me out [k4] of the house for the rest of the night. This made me so mad. My friends, Saxony and Niki were hanging out the entire day, and planned to have a sleep over at Saxony’s house. So we got in a fight, yelling and everything. I was pretty upset, and I started to cry, it was the end of summer, and I didn’t want to go back to school, and I was having a terrible week. So I went to my room and my friends left. It was 1 in the morning, and I was still up crying. I had just gotten off the phone with my friends. I dozed off. I woke up to my friend sitting on me. I started laughing and life didn’t seem so bad. So we left. Niki and Saxony made me laugh until I just about peed.That was by far, the best night of the ENTIRE summer. It was filled with laughter and endless memories I can’t write all down, but I will never forget that night. And it shows that my friends will sneak out of their house, risking getting in trouble to come and see if I was okay. I love my friends, and I love our memories. I have their back, and I know they have mine. They have helped me get over my trust issues, and though it’s still hard for me to have trust in people, I know I can always trust them