ethan - Littleton, Colorado
Themes: pleasure, sports

I got my first skateboard the summer after fifth grade. Ever since then I’ve been really into it. I didn’t even know I was going to get my skateboard that day, I was at the mall for a friend’s birthday present and then I saw my board. I asked my mom and surprisingly she said it was fine, probably because it had a picture of Gene Simmons on the bottom and my family, mainly my dad, has always been into Kiss. So we bought the board and everything I needed to ride it and headed home. I believe that for me skateboarding can really help, like when I’m sad or mad or anything it always cheers me up. Sometimes it’s because I’m with my friends or because I’m skating by myself and I land some really cool tricks. I always love landing tricks because it always makes me feel so accomplished.

I also met my best friend skateboarding because he lives on my street so he was the first person I went to with my new board. He was the only person I knew who had a skateboard but I never really bothered to hang out with him until I got one. I’ve met a lot of cool people because of skateboarding and that’s part of the reason I like it so much.

I’ll never give up skating just because I’m not the best. Some of my friends did quit, but they never really tried and that’s why they never got good. My friend Cody, who lives on my street, and I were always into it and we skate whenever we have the chance. In the summer we skate almost every day. I never really get bored because I can always just go out and skate, except for in the winter in which it’s always too cold or there’s snow on the ground. I usually do better in the summer when school doesn’t get in the way. When I can’t skate I usually go play the drums. I think I believe in my skating so much because I don’t do it to be the best, I skate for fun.