Anna - USA

When times get tough and you are scared, friends are always there and care and when times are great, they are there to celebrate with you! Friends mold you and are always there for you. I believe in close friendships and without my friends I would not be the same person I am today.

My friends and I are very close. We spend almost every moment of the day together and when we aren’t together, we are talking to each in an indirect way (like on the phone). Close friendships are important in life because friends who care about you make your life enjoyable and thrilling. A couple of months ago, my friends and I traveled to Washington DC, New York, and Philadelphia. My experience with them there was phenomenal. We had an amazing time! We had a little rough time though when my friend and I got in a fright, but we were fine in less then a day because we knew that we needed each other in our lives. We knew that we needed each other to comfort us and smile with us. One time, I was at a party with my friends when all of a sudden we found out that my friend’s mom had been in a car accident. We didn’t know any specific details but she was very worried. We all comforted her and were there for her. We finally found out that everything was alright. Her car was totaled, but other then that, her mom was safe. We were all so relieved! She dearly thanked us for being there for her. She told us she wouldn’t have known what she would have done, if it hadn’t been for us.

My friendships are strong ones, and I believe that only close friends will truly understand your feelings and be there for you, if it is during a happy situation or an unfortunate situation. Good friends will argue, but in the end, they know that they need each other. What is better, having another enemy or forgiving a friend who is truly sorry? I believe that having friends is the key to a content and exciting life. Without my friends, I do not know if I could be happy with my life.