Zeta - Edmond, Oklahoma
Age Group: 65+

Prayers are not always answered immediately and sometimes it is so much later that we have even forgotten having prayed for it. But, years ago, when we were young parents with our two little daughters, we decided to make a trip which would take about ten hours. We decided to leave at 10 P.M. and drive during the night. With two little daughters six and seven and a half years old, driving at night time was more relaxing.

We made a bed behind the front seat and over the back seat. There was no “I’m hungry, I’m tired, I need to go, I want a drink, she won’t let me have my book”, and on and on. How comfortable to be able to drive and visit without interruptions and frequent stopping.

However, after driving approximately 150 miles, we ran into highway work and a detour sign which read “DO NOT USE IF RAINY”. So far we had beautiful weather, no sign of rain. The detour was a narrow dirt road. The first few miles were fine, but suddenly we ran into deep mud. We were not just driving a car, but we were also pulling a trailer with our faithful dog, Lassie, in it.

Of course, there was no way we could turn around on that narrow, muddy road. What could we do? There was only one way! Mike said, “Honey, this is the time to pray as you have never prayed before. So I prayed for God to keep us going and that we would not get stuck. Before I finished, Mike said it felt like were floating, then asked me to see if we were still pulling the trailer. Sure enough we were. He asked the same thing a couple more times and heard the same answer.

We drove several more miles, then all of a sudden Mike said it felt like we were no longer floating but very much on the ground. We had reached the pavement. How do you think we made it? I have no doubts. “This I Believe!” God answered my prayer.