Angelica - Littleton, Colorado
Themes: family, love

This I believe

In everyone’s life there is someone who will impact your life forever. For me there isn’t just one person who plays a huge role in my life. There are six. These special people’s names are Stefania, Olivia, Silvana, Joe, Paula, and Kaleigh. Five out of the six are in my family. They all impact my life more than anyone ever will. They are a huge part of my daily life. Even though Kaleigh wasn’t born into my family she is like family to me. I talk to her more than any of my friends and I tell her everything. She calls every day and when my sisters pick up the phone and Kaleigh asks to talk to me they automatically know who it is. My sisters are always there to talk to me about problems and even on simple things like deciding what to wear. My mom is always there to comfort me and give me advice and my dad is always ready to tell me that boys are bad and I should stay away from them. I believe that family is a huge part of life and that they are extremely important. Even if some of them aren’t even your real family but are considered family.

Some people would choose their friends over their family, but I think that is a big mistake. Friends are going to always be there for you but eventually some of the friendships that you have with people are going to fade away and then you will forget about them completely. But your family is going to be there no matter what. You really don’t have a choice either. You have to live with them and depend on them to survive. So it seems like a wise decision to pick your family before your friends. My family is a huge, loud, Italian family that seriously loves to eat. But my dad and uncle are in a huge fight, which they have been in for over 20 years. It makes me sad to see them not speak to each other at family gatherings and all I can think is, “I don’t want to end up like my dad and Uncle Phil”. I fight with everyone in my family except for my dad because he isn’t around that much. Even when I am fighting with them I know that I still love them. Sometimes my sisters do things that make me furious just thinking about it. But I love them anyways. One time I was friends with some guys who made a mean myspace page about a friend of mine. My sisters decided to tell my mom about it, who told the police and I wasn’t aloud to be friends with those people ever again and they got in a lot of trouble with the law. I get angry thinking about how much pain they caused me and many other people experience. If they had just let my friends work it out with each other then things would have been much better. But I have forgiven them and I know that they are very important and they told my mom just for my own good.

I wish that some people would realize how much their family impacts their life. They will be the ones there for you when everyone else is gone. I believe in the importance of family and always will. No matter what they do I will always love them. Even though I am angry with my sister stefania right now and it is very hard for me to write this I still mean it. Love is all your family can give you and in return they should have a little bit of love too.