Alena - centennial, Colorado

Friendship is one the most important aspects in my life. Honestly, without my friends I do not know where I would be. True friends are hard to find, but once they are found, they are hard to forget. Friends are by your side through the thick and the thin. The relationship with friends and the relationship with family are completely different. We choose our friends, we choose them based on our similarities, people we can relate to and the ones who will know how to pick us back up when we get knocked down. Having a good time with friends and being able to talk about absolutely anything and everything is what defines a good friend.

I have made so many amazing friends in my life. In my previous school, I met and got to know the people that I will never forget and will never want to forget. I was at this school since pre-school and have made relationships with people that I cannot even begin to describe. Coming to high school this year was tough merely because I had to leave all of my friends. With them by my side I had a feeling of being invincible and that’s when I realized that these were the people I could never forget. Realizing that we would all be attending different high schools was the hardest thing I have endured so far, but I know that they will always remain in my heart and be their for me till the end. I know that even though we may grow apart in time, those years we spent together helped mold me into the person I am today.

We continue to make friends throughout our lives. Even though we may loose some, we will always continue to make new ones. There are certain qualities that friends have to have in order to be called a friend. It is important to have friends that you know are there for you, nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes and flaws, friends are the ones who are there to remind us that that is okay and though we make mistakes and have flaws, they will be there leading us and helping us improve.

Having a good time is essential when you are with your friends. Laughing and just being able to be your self will create memories that are worth remembering. I have experienced so many remarkable and hilarious memories with my friends when we are just being ourselves and having fun. Having fun is essential, but being able to trust and rely on our friends is an even bigger quality in the long run. My friends have impacted me in so many ways and I will be there for them as well as them for me. Friends inspire us, and help us figure out what we aspire to be and what we want to do with our lives.