Juan - San Antonio, Texas

I believe friendship is one of the most important things in life.

Friends will be there with you through the tough and thick. I am lucky enough to have 3 really good friends that I can count on for anything. It is nice to know that no matter what happens in my life everything will be ok because my friends have my back.

Of course friendship does not always start out perfect. One of my friends played on the same soccer team as me but we didn’t get along very well. It was just one of those things that when you see someone you just make a decision that you like them or not. I did not like him at all. Our parents did get along though; therefore my mom invited him to go to my birthday party. Surprisingly enough he showed up and, we talked a bit during the party. I got to know him a little bit better and he ended up being a pretty cool guy. Since then we have been good friends. So that goes to show you that friendship don’t always start out the way we expect them too.

One of my other friends is my roommate. I fight a lot wit him mainly because we live together and that’s just natural. Since we are such good friends I know that it will never be too serious to the point that I will have to move out or something. I have known him for about four years so I know that there isn’t anything that can come between us. This let me know that he is a true friend to me and that I can count on him for anything.

My other friend I actually just met quite recently. I actually met him here during our orientation. He was real quiet at first but I spend everyday with him working out and hanging out. I haven’t known him for long but I already trust him and know he wont let me down. I went down to Austin a few times and chilled with him there and stayed at his place. I know he will be a very good friend to me in the future

My friends will be with me through anything. That’s why I know that any situation I am in will be ok, because they are there behind me. When I am with them I feel like nothing can hurt me. That is the power of friendship.