I Believe in Family

maria - houston, Texas

Being Supportive, loyal, and caring are some characteristics that define a family. However when someone speaks about family, brothers, sisters, and parents come to mind. As a matter of fact that is precisely the type of family I am speaking of. In fact it, is the type of family one grows close to. Is also the family that will lend you a hand and cry with you during time of sorrow. Family is the main key of support, loyalty, and care.

Nevertheless, I believe that one of the main strengths of a family is the support that they express towards each other. For example, when it was my first day of school, I remember I felt intimidated. I refused to go to school, but my parents supported me and told me that there was nothing to fear; it was for my own good. Nevertheless, it was the same story when I had to start a new school, but my parents were always there to encourag me to tell me to strive for the best. Though going to school intimidated me, taking tests scared me. When testing came around the corner, my sister would spend hours trying to help me study. In addition to my parents, I knew I could also count on my sister for support.

Besides my family showing their support, they also showed me loyalty. In fact, I have not yet met a “friend” that is capable of being more loyal than my family can be. My family is the only one that I am certain would never betray me. For instance, my sister and I share a loyalty bond.Knowing that she would not say a word that I spoke to her about is a great relief. For example, when I went through my first break up, my sister had to come back home to cheer me up. My brothers, who kept their mouth, shut, did not mention a word to my mother. Furthermore, I noticed that I could truly count on my siblings.

For my family to show me their support and loyalty is a way to show me that they care about me. In addition to their support and loyalty, caring is the most important of all characteristics of a family. Caring is the most shown affection that I have felt through out my entire life. Although my parents yell at me most of the time, it is still a way to show that they truly care. For instance, a year ago I had to get my wisdom teeth extracted. After the surgery, I was not able to feed myself; therefore my sister decided to become my personal nurse. For about a week, she fed me and made sure that I was taking my antibiotics on time. On the other hand, my mother took care of me during the night; making sure I was doing fine. There have been more actions in which it shows that my family truly cares about me. For example one time in which my family showed that they care was when I almost drowned. My mother had previously advised me not to go into the river; she believed something unexpected might happen. As it turns out, I disobeyed her, and as soon as I was out of the river she yelled liked she had never yelled before. Of course is understandable, because they she was worry about my safety. Ever since that incident, I have always listened to my family, because they know what is best for me.

In the end, a family ends up being somehing you can rely on. They are also the people I spend the good times and bad times with. They are the ones I can always count on having their support. In addition to that, you can also count on their discretion and friendship. Nevertheless, I know that they will always care for me and supportthe decisions I make. Once again, I can proudly say that my family is something I truly believe in.