Hard Work

nick - USA
Themes: work

I believe in hard work, I believe you can achieve anything and everything if you’re willing to work hard for it. You need to put everything into what you want to succeed in. You cannot let yourself give up or have the lack of motivation when things get to tough. You have to believe in yourself, have confidence in yourself in order to work as hard as you need to.

In high school I used to play football and run track so hard work was something I knew a lot about. Especially in football, that was when I had to work the hardest. Before I got into football I had never played sports for a in my life, not for a school, nor have I ran track. So everything was all new to me. My coaches always said the team who plays and practices the hardest will be the team who wins the games. When it gets too hard you want to quit but the player who gets through the pain and keeps going will be the superior one. The one who quits will quit in a game where it counts. During the off-season every year we had to go through boot camp which was 2 weeks long. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through. When things got tough all I could do was play through it and in the end it just made me faster and stronger. It was the physically and mentally the hardest thing I had to do. It wasn’t until then when I realize how much hard work can improve every aspect of your life.

Being in sports taught me a lot about hard work and how your success in life depends on how hard you work. All the things I learned in football I applied it to everything else I did like my work in school. Before I got in to football I didn’t really work hard at anything I just did whatever I could to get by and it worked up to a certain point. But while I was in football and learned what it meant to hard work and what I can get out of it by doing so I started to do the best I could in almost everything I did in places where I really had to. My academic performance increased and so did my skills in football and track. I thought that if working hard for something I want works at school and in sports I can apply it to my personal life as well. If I wanted that I knew wasn’t going to be easy to get I worked hard to get it and most of the time I got it.

After awhile hard work was what I knew I believed that I can get whatever I wanted and do whatever I wanted to if I just put everything into it. This is what I believe; life is hard, so work hard.