Raymond - Hot Springs, Arkansas
Themes: purpose, setbacks

This I Believe…

I believe that something good can always come from something bad. Many people I know always say, “Nothing good will ever come out of this.” Well, I disagree. I think no matter what happens in life, good or bad, something good will always come out of it in the end.

Whether its getting a bad grade on a test or having to practice long hours in 100 degree heat for football, good can come out of it if you believe it can. Sometimes people, including me, feel like nothing good will ever happen to them. I sometimes, as well as others, feel like nothing good can come out of something so bad, but it can! “When things don’t go your way, be positive, believe something good can happen”, is a saying that my dad always tells me when I’m down on myself. Don’t be pessimistic, that just makes the whole situation worse. When you believer in yourself, and when your positive in the worst of times, it will turn out good; I promise because I know from experience.

In my life, I have gone through tough things. Things I thought I could never come through, and things I thought would ruin my life. Well, my life is good now because I had friends and family an dmy girlfriend that helped my realize the good things in my life, and I came through the tough times, and my life is better than it ever could be. For example, when I was younger my life was terrible. I lived in the ghetto in Tulsa, OK. I didn’t have nice clothes, and had little of anything. One day I got taken away from my mother, and put into foster care, because she did terrible things that were unfit for a young child to be raised around. Well, from foster care I went to Hillcrest, a home for children. I hated it there! It felt like living in a prison, or what I think living in a prison would be like. The food was terrible, worse than the school food. The boys and girls separated all the time almost, and we couldn’t even have more than two dollars in our possession. I had few friends, and I felt like my life was over. Then one day, after visiting with the Hightowers for a while, they adopted me! I finally had a good family to be raised in, and my life soon got a lot better. Praying helped me get this family and better life because I prayed daily for God to change my life, and in the end he did. Because of being positive for so long and waiting for a family, I finally got a good life, family and friends, and like I said before I was positive and a lot of good came out of being positive.

Life is so good now. I’m not saying its perfect because I have been through some troubled times lately, and my girlfriend has helped me out through these times, but other than that, my life has been extremely better. Life can and will be good at some point in everyone’s’ life if people would just believe and be positive about things. When I thought nothing good could happen with my life, it did, but only by being positive, and looking at the good side of life!