Caity - Hot Springs, Arkansas
Themes: love

True Love

At one point in your life you have probably heard “it’s just puppy love”, whether it’s from your parents, friends, or your own self conscience. I believe no matter how young or old a person is he or she can still fall in love. People fall in love and get married just to find out their love was not as true as they thought it was, but when people get older they might find that perfect person that God had picked out by himself just for that person.

I have been hurt and done wrong in relationships, but that hasn’t stopped me from trying to find the one meant for me. The first guy I thought I loved showed me his true colors on night on the weekend. Hannah, my best friend was trying to “hook me up” with one of her boyfriend’s best friends, Lyndon. He was so sweet and tried to be with my all the time, but one night I had just got off work and did not want to wear my work clothes to walk downtown and go out to eat with his family. His friend, Zack had a great idea to drop him off and take me to the mall, I had gotten my paycheck the day before and wanted a new shirt. We went to the mall and I went straight to Wet Seal where I found a pair of white shorts on sale for ten dollars and a cute purple shirt for fifteen dollars. Lyndon hated the shorts because he thought they were too short for me to wear without him around. After dinner, Lyndon and I went downtown for a walk, I went three inches in front of him, and he freaked out and pulled me towards him. From that point on, I knew he was not the one for me. Two weeks later I ended up breaking up with him for his friend, the same one I met that night that we went to dinner with his family.

I never thought I would leave a boyfriend for his best friend, but I knew it was the best decision I could have made for myself. Zack and I mat our first time that night, and I knew there was something special about him that I could not just let go. He was terrific and always had something nice to say. Hannah was always telling how bad a person he was and how he dated Darci and that he did not treat her right. I was so scared to open up to him, but I eventually did and it turned out that everybody was wrong except me. For once I had stood up for what I truly believed and for once I was right! Zack would never choose anything over me except his family, at least I would hope so. I tried so hard to find the man of my dreams, and once I quit trying he, Zack, fell into my life and I caught him gracefully.