Jessyca - Hot Springs, Arkansas

At one time or another, everyone has heard the saying “Everything in life has a result.” This is very true. I believe that choices you make can and will have consequences whether good or bad.

For example, good grades will have a positive affect on you by making it easier to get into and get through college. Donating blood helps keep ill people alive, and practicing something you love will make you more passionate about it along with making it easier. Keep in mind though, there are also negative choices.

I remember sitting on my grandfathers’ lap at the age of seven. I was crying and needed loving hands to comfort me. I was going through the worst thing I could think of. Of course I was seven so I didn’t have very many problems except whom my best friend was that week, and who I was mad at for playing with the cute boy on the playground at recess. My problem was bigger than that this time. My best friend Harry had just died; Harry being my goldfish. I had him since my sixth birthday. I cleaned his bowl, and did everything to keep him alive. One day though, I was running out the door to play with my friends, when my mom yelled “Jessy Bessy, Did you feed Harry today?” Knowing that I really had not, I yelled back “Yes mom,” and slammed the door. I didn’t come home that day or the next cause I was staying with my neighbor. When I did come home it was for my barbies, or some other new toy. I saw Harry every time I went home, but never took the time to feed him. When I had come home I realized he was gone. Harry had died. And why? Realizing it was because I didn’t feed him, and it was my fault was the hardest thing to get over.

When I was in the ninth grade I had many friends. We hung out all of the time, and were together almost every weekend. When Friday rolled around, I knew I had to study for a Unit test that I had in English class the following Monday. All of my friends said I should blow it off because the test was usually easy. I did not want to risk chances though, seeing as this was a third of my final grade. I told my friends to go on and hang out without me, and I would call them later. They called me a loser but it was what I knew I had to do. When test time came around Monday I was nervous, yet knew I would do fine. After the class ended, the teacher told me I made the highest grade in the entire class. I guess studying and skipping one night with friends paid off.

I, being a human of course, have come into contact with many different choices. Some being bad and some being good, I would always try to think of the results. Now that I am older, and my high school graduation is the next stop in the road to success, I have come into contact with bigger choices. These include relationships, Peer pressure, friends and what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Lives come with many different choices, but keep in mind that every option has a consequence whether good or bad. Just think it out before it happens, and remember that the good choices will have better affect upon you than the negative ones.