Rama - Hot Springs, Arkansas
Themes: pleasure

I believe that people in the United States should be happier. Too many people walk around sulking and feeling sorry for themselves when they could be happy for what they have. They have the luxury of living in the greatest nation in the world and they don’t appreciate it at all.

I walk through my school hallway every day and see many people walking around with sad expressions on their faces. They should turn those frowns upside down and turn those frowns into smiles. I really like to have fun and I am almost always smiling. If I ever do feel sad, I just think of all the good times I’ve had, and even the ones that I’m going to have later. That is how I get through it, and I think other people should do that more often also.

Another thing that I have noticed is that there are a lot of shows on television about people who are disheartened and have nothing good ever going for them. I think these are terrible things to have on TV. These just show other people that they should always be sad and feel down in the dumps all the time. I also see this coming from bands and other music artist. All the lyrics are about feeling sad all the time and how they hate their lives. I prefer happy music that will make me feel happy too.

Good things happen when people are happy. When I’m happy I don’t really think about all the bad stuff that is going on in the world. Other people feel this way too, and I and they will tell you … it doesn’t feel bad at all.

So I really believe that people in the United States should be happier more often. A lot of this is blamed on people who do not appreciate what they have. They should go over to a third world country, or almost anywhere else, and see how much they have compared to these other places. Another thing to place blame on is the media. They make their TV shows and music really sad and just listening or watching these makes other people feel sad too. If everyone was happier things would be a lot better, and that is why I believe that people in the United States should be happier.