Thomas - Hot Springs, Arkansas

I believe that the United States’ political and economical system is in trouble. The U.S. has gone down hill ever since George W. Bush was elected president in 2000. This country has been to war and the economy has dropped to an all time low. Our country is very much in debt with various countries around the world. In 2001, the United States was attacked by terrorists in New York and Washington, D.C.

I started believing that the political and economical system was in trouble a few years ago when people started to lose jobs, and when certain political officers resigned. Prices for consumer goods have increased over the years. I think that much of this has to do with the decisions our president is making. The war in Iraq was unnecessary and cost the lives of many innocent Americans. It has brought our country much debt.

Two years ago when I took Civics in the 9th grade, I learned a lot about our government and our economy. I also learned that it was not improving as the years went on. When Bill Clinton was president, job employment was up, and our country was not in debt. The United States did not go to war, and gas prices were not about two dollars. The longer President Bush has stayed in office the worse this country has become. The United States has dealt with President George W. Bush for almost eight years now. The president’s term is about to be up next year, and we will have another president. Many things will have to be changed to right the wrongs that have been done by the present head of government.

So all and all, the present state of the union is not strong. There are many issues that need to be addressed. With each new president come new ideas and new issues. I believe that our present political and economical system has many issues that will need to be changed by the new president in 2008. Until then, I guess we as a country will have to suffice with President George W. Bush.