Andrew - Denver, Colorado

I believe that communication is possibly the single most important gift we give to ourselves. I believe communication is an unalienable part of the human condition, and whether the communicator is good or bad, communication is, by its’ very nature, good. I think that, in the coming years, we will see forms and methods of communication unheard of now – just as past generations may be perplexed by text messaging, or instant message, we will be perplexed by these new, often misunderstood forms. And I think this is not only good, but necessary. I think communication defines us as a species in a way that nothing else can. Religion, love, technological evolution, science, fact, reason, truth… all of these hinge on communication. All of these are intrinsic to our way of life – as humans, not just Americans, Westerners, the religious, the non-religious, Easterners, Northerners, Southerners, blacks, whites, yellows, reds, browns… we all share this. I believe there are certainly bad communicators, and each period of history has more than it’s fair share. But I believe communication itself transcends this. I believe communication brings us to the limit of human understanding, and can only increase our capacity for it. I believe communication can literally change us and define us in ways that nothing else can. I believe in communication.