Goals for the Future

Kyle - Dowagiac, Michigan

Have you ever just sat down and thought about what you want to do with your life? What it is you want to become when you are older. What it is you want to accomplish. If you go anywhere in the world you will find someone who has a goal he or she wants to accomplish. Most of these people work hard to accomplish their goals, while others do not. It is my belief that everyone should have a goal that they want to make come true, and that they should work hard to make it happen.

I had often found myself sitting in my chair at home wondering what I wanted to do after I graduate from high school. I knew I wanted to go to college, but after that I drew a blank. After a while of thinking, I finally decided that I would like to pursue a career in the arts. After years of thinking, I had finally figured out what my goal in life was. I decided that in order to make this goal come true, I would have to work hard. Every day I practice my art skills in order to make this goal a reality. This is what it means to have a goal. A goal gives you a purpose in life. It gives you something that you really want to do and no matter how difficult the challenge, you are willing to do your best to make this goal come true.

Our entire world is based on making our goals come true, no matter how simple the goal. It was people’s goals that have led to all the advancements in math, science, and literature. It was the goals of many scientists that led to all the cures and vaccines we have for diseases today. People’s goals are what led to things like the creations of the car, the train, the telephone, and travel into space. Even the simplest goals, like the goal of survival, have led to the creation of things like houses, water systems, and foods like bread. It was the goals of our founding fathers, the goal to create a free country separate from Britain, that led to the beginning of the United States.

No matter how simple or how difficult the goal, everyone should have one that they want to make happen. Having a goal you want to accomplish is what pushes people forward. The idea of goals is what has caused our civilization to come how far it has, and will continue to push it even farther until the day mankind no longer exists. This is why I believe that everyone should have a goal they want to make come true and why they should be willing to work hard to make it happen. If people didn’t have goals that they wanted to keep reaching for, our very society would begin to crumble.