Joseph - Dowagiac, Michigan
Themes: morality

Killing

Do you believe in killing? In certain circumstances I believe it is right. I don’t believe

in killing for granted, that you can take a life whenever you feel like it. I believe in

killing for survival, or to help another. Let me tell you a story.

About a year ago, during the spring, I had my friends over to hang out. We played

games and stuff, but soon were bored and wanted something to do. They spent the night

and the next morning my friends suggested going hunting. I asked my dad and she said it

was ok, but only if we hunted rabbits.

The three of us set out with shotguns, traveling deep into the woods. Our plan was to

get a rabbit, take it back home, and eat it. We shot at a few, but missed and found no

more. On the way back some birds were perched in a tree. We opened fire, not thinking

of what we were doing. The birds were cheerful, but now they were dead, to sing no

more. I approached them, feeling bad and at the time tainted. We could not eat the birds,

it was waste.

Now I look back on our trip and realize killing for fun and sport is wrong. To me,

taking a life needs to have a reason. I believe killing is ok if I were to eat the birds, or if I

was trying to save my own life. Killing another because they killed someone is justified

in my eyes.

I believe killers should be killed because even though you can punish them and put

them in jail, they have killed and won’t hesitate to do it again. The ultimate punishment

is the death sentence, not giving them the right to live. Some might say they can change,

but I believe they have no right to take another’s life and get away with it. Serial killers

who get out of jail and kill innocent people could have been prevented if they were killed.

I personally think killing is justified in a few situations, killing because they killed

another and killing to survive.