mariah - niles mi 49047

I believe in…sanity?

When I was littler, I used to sit with my mom in the morning and watch the news with her as my older sisters got ready for school. Even though my brain was still thinking simple concrete thoughts, I was still smart enough to develop simple observations of the world around me. And I didn’t understand any of it. And today, ten years later, I still don’t. Because the things I saw on TV then are the same still. People dying and fighting over their differences. Why on Earth does anyone care so much what anyone else thinks? If we didn’t have crazy insane or funny people, there would be nothing to watch on TV. So anyway, this I believe. If you aren’t happy with yourself, you’ll never be happy acting like someone else. I see way too many girls-and guys too-who choose to dress like mindless fashion zombies that walk the earth in some kind of sick dress-alike cult. Almost like Satan will rain boiling acid on them for being different. My point being, evidently from my choice of words, being an individual and following your gut is one of the most important beliefs of mine. Different, good or bad, it really doesn’t matter, as long as your happy, who cares? If you’re confident with yourself, everyone else will eventually accept you, or in my case just get used to it. I kid. Anyway, there are going to be people who don’t like you and that’s how it works, if you spend life trying to impress, you will be exhausted and miserable. Everyone who knows me is not oblivious to my uniqueness, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Some people hate me because of it, others adore it, and I choose to surround myself with those who adore it and ignore the rest, because five years from now, I will never see them again anyway. And I try to help people realize the same. I’ve had numerous people, and I will never forget them because of it, come to me and openly thank me for being their friend and standing for them when no one else would. And all because they choose to be who they’re comfortable with and unimpressionable by all the pressure put on people to fall into the misleading safety of a clique. I know what its like to be hated on because your different, and luckily I got the better end of it, that’s why I choose to “fight for the little guy” as they say, whoever they is.

And yet, while I do appreciate individuality, I also do not believe it should be a legit excuse to be sloppy and act like an idiot. To an extent, you should care what people think, because let’s face it, we live in the real world where every day you’re forced to interact with others. Like parents or good friends with topics such as grades and ethics. People you know who care will never contradict they’re feelings toward you, so you can be sure it’s only within in your best interest to listen. And even to the negative things. While you shouldn’t take it to heart, at least analyze why they would say that. Maybe it was your bad.

So once again, this I believe, be as strong and weird and opinionated as you have to to get your point across because those are the people who make a difference. And if you go with your intuition you can never regret it because you did what makes you happy. You are the only one you live with every second of every day of your life until your death, so if you don’t like what you think of yourself, your screwed. Be the only one to let judge yourself because your opinion is the one you live with forever. And me, I’d rather have people hate me for who I am than love me for who I’m not. And remember, it’s the rest of the world that’s crazy, not you. Or me, don’t blame me either.