Macy - Cassopolis, Michigan
Themes: love

Remember back when you were in fifth grade and were asked to define love? You said it was when that really cute boy smiled back at you and your stomach did flip-flops?

Over the years different loves come into your life, you’ll have your first boyfriend, then you two have a fight and break up. Then you have another boyfriend and maybe this one lasts a little bit longer, but soon you will have another fight and then its over. Say that now you’re a junior in high school, and you have a new boyfriend. This time the feelings are different, maybe now you can drive and have a little more freedom, this relationship is different from the past ones…but then there is college and the two of you can’t last. Now you’re in you twenties, you know what you want in life, you know what you’re looking for in another person, someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. You meet that someone. You two don’t always agree on everything, but you love each other. You two fight sometimes, but you love each other. Money is sometimes a problem, but you love each other. That’s when it clicks for you, love can conquer all…

When I say that, I don’t mean that if you love someone that they won’t die, or they won’t want a divorce. I mean that love can help get you through all the problems you may have in you life.

Love is the King of all amphetamines. Nothing gets you as excited and crazy as love. Love completely takes over you. Love will occupy you like nothing else. Love can make you feel better than any antibiotic I’ve ever heard of.

Everybody understands how life can have its ups and downs, some people turn to drugs or other addictions to get through their downs. Smart people turn to their family, friends, perhaps their favorite pet. Whatever they love the most…

Everybody understands how bad they feel when they are sick, but then your mom comes in with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some Sprite, and you know everything is going to be just fine.

Maybe you’re a little kid and your grandma died, you don’t really know who to turn to that won’t mock you, or won’t be nice to you just because of what has happened, so perhaps you turn to your Lassie. Lassie won’t make fun of you, Lassie won’t be overly sympathetic, but Lassie will always be the best listener and the best tissue…

So of course there is that significant other that leaves the toilet seat up, or takes too much time in front of the mirror. Obviously those are their quirks, but because you love them, you get used to those quirks and just deal with them.

There are so many different types of love; your significant other, your mom, even your pet, but those are the things that help you deal with your money problems, sicknesses, even deaths of loved ones. You just have to roll with the punches as they’re dealt to you and by sticking with those you love, you’ll get through everything.