Tyler - Vandalia, Michigan

Have you ever thought that Karma doesn’t exist? I used to, until a certain part of my life when I was taught to believe. I was taught to believe that Karma was actually a big part of everybody’s life even if they didn’t know it. Karma has a big role in our society today, from the people who believe in it and to the ones who don’t.

There is a person I know that taught me the meaning of, “what comes around goes around.” That person was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Loyd. She taught me that whatever I do there will be a good or bad reaction from it. I had my ups and downs in my’ third grade year, dependant on my actions. I would do things to see what the outcome would be. There were a lot of times I got in trouble for what I did but there were also a few times I was praised for my good deed.

Mrs. Loyd was my favorite teacher because of all the things she taught me. She taught me everything I could learn at that point in my life, from math to science, but the one thing that stuck in my mind more than anything was the teachings of karma. I live by the principles of karma today; even though I live by it I still do bad deeds, just because life wouldn’t be the same without some bad in it. That’s what I think everyone should live by, but who am I to say how people should live there own lives.

One notable good act of karma that I have experienced is when I helped an old woman across the street and later that day I got in trouble and the teacher said she wouldn’t tell on me. On the other hand, a notable bad act of karma I have experienced is when I wouldn’t let my brother play my video games and later that day I got my video games taken away. These two counts of karma are two more reasons why I believe in karma and “what goes around comes around.”

I have some friends who believe in karma and those who don’t. The friends who don’t believe in karma wonder why when they do bad acts why bad things happen to them. On the other hand, my friends who believe in karma don’t complain that bad things happen to them; they just deal with it and go on with their own lives. You can’t blame anyone for your own actions except for your self and that is it. That is what I think and believe on the subject of karma.