Casey - Dowagiac, Michigan

If some one burns themselves on a pot or pan on a stove they learn not to do that again. That is one example of how people learn from their mistakes. I feel that people do learn from their mistakes even if it’s not a big mistake or an important one. Everybody makes mistakes almost everyday even if they are not major ones. They most likely learn from them too.

I have made many mistakes that I have learned from. An example of this is that I lied to someone to protect their feelings. When I did this the person found out and was upset that I lied to them. So now I try to tell the truth even if it hurts them because it is better for them to hear it from me than find out later from someone else.

Another example would be people and sports. People didn’t just know how to play sports well they learned a lot on what to do from mistakes that they made not just from the coaches. Like in volleyball someone has to learn the approach to hit the ball. Through trial and error that person will find how high, and how close to the net they like the ball so they can hit it. This is not only true in sports though anything that someone does you make mistakes that you fix after time.

Some people learn from their mistakes but don’t always do what they learned. Like a cheater they may get caught and get punished but that doesn’t mean they didn’t learn from it. They may not have studied so they didn’t know the answer. So if people apply what the learned from their mistakes or not I think that people do learn from their mistakes no matter what.