Beverly - Denver, Colorado

Who do you have if not yourself? Teachers, Friends, Family? Wrong! All you have is yourself. You are the only one who is there for you 100% of the time.

Some people who are in love will say “my boyfriend or girlfriend would do anything for me.” Okay, sure. I used to think that too…Once.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself the impossible before you get your answers. It’s a split decision, you go or they go. Simple. Alright, I can understand if you say they are there for you, most of the time. I would even take 90% of the time as an answer. Now that’s a reasonable amount. I guess I can understand that.

Put yourself in my shoes, have you ever counted on someone to do something, like pick you up, but by the time they got there you could have walked or caught the bus to where ever you were going. You wouldn’t have let yourself down, or you wouldn’t have let them down.

I understand that family can be whoever you are close to or blood related, but what happens when you fake family and your real family don’t act like a family at all? Have you ever found your “family” being more materialistic than they should be? If you give them an inch they take a mile. Take it from me, sometimes you have to feed family from a long handle spoon. I’m not saying be cold hearted and change everything about yourself I’m just saying…be cautious.

No one will help you on an interview or graduation. Although they may accompany you the choice is yours, and it’s all up to you. You were born alone, you love alone, you hurt alone, and you heal alone… Where in all that are you not alone?