Ashley - denver, Colorado

Ever heard of “Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover?”. It means nothing until you’re the one being judged. Being judge by people you don’t know is a common problem in world today. People take one look at you and think they know what kind of person you are before you even open your mouth.

I am a victim of prejudgment. All the time at school and in life period I get branded as the cocky, girly girl, who loves money and nothing else, which is very wrong. I am not a cocky person nor am I a “girly girl” I do like to dress up but that doesn’t make money the main priority in my life. I don’t understand how one could base all their thoughts of me on my appearance. Most people never stop and talk to the person whose underneath all the clothes and accessories. Being so judgmental has caused a lot of friendships never happened or even relationships that were never even considered. I’ve also have been guilty of committing pre judgment myself. I feel like I’ve lost out on making friends with people because I judged them based off their appearance Pre judgment can cause regret later on in life.

You should never waste precious time that could be used getting to know someone new because of how they look. That person could be the most brilliant person you’ll ever meet but pre judging will stop you from finding out. It’s unfair to make people be cautious of what they wear because it might give someone the wrong impression. You never know the truth unless you ask. I think pre judgment just gives everyone in the world a reason to not like each other or not to be at peace with one another.

Overall I feel that if people would wait until they know more than just what you look like to make a judgment a lot more people would be friends and a lot more people wouldn’t be afraid or ashamed to talk to each other. Which in the long could make the world a better place.