Brenda - Denver, Colorado
Themes: hope, love

There is just an immense number of people out there in the world. People that do indeed love and care for one another, people that have hope and strive for happiness. Thinking about these millions of people, how can there be a question of “Is there one special person for everyone?” Of course there is, I truly believe with all of my heart that somewhere out there, among those billions one can find their match, their other half.

I can’t say that I have found my other half or have even come remotely close to it, and yes my parents are divorced and if I look too closely at the society around me it won’t provide much comfort. But all of those disappointing aspects simply cannot touch what I have seen. This magnificent, inspirational sight, so quick and small but bigger and more profound than any other event I have witnessed. One morning on my way to school I was gazing out the car window, at the houses, the trees and every other dull object I see every single morning. But then up ahead, they appeared, a man and a woman. An elderly couple strolling down the sidewalk. Their hands wrapped around each other’s hand, their slow pace a perfect match to one another’s. A smile of absolute joy and absolute adoration was painted on their faces. Those smiles and their entire beings, really, made the air about them brighter, enchanting and beautiful The love they felt for one another could be smelled, tasted, felt, seen all around and it gave this strong sense of hope. They were made for each other, there was no doubting that, and if they could find that type of bliss and hold on to it for so long then surely someone else could attain it. It seems to be and incredibly hard goal to strive for but it seems utterly worth it in the end.

Nothing is perfect, as can be seen all around us, and in all truth its just the nature of life. No relationship is all sunshine and smiles, but if those people truly love each other, are each other’s one and only, they make the effort to work through it. I think that’s what makes all the difference. When one does have that extraordinary chance to find there one and only petty little things would not get in the way and eventually ruin the relationship. Hate, anger, animosity and all other destructive feelings would in the end be left behind and be repaired. With the love and care they have for each other, they would be able to overcome that and each person would be willing to do whatever they could to keep each other content.

I am not a romantic, but every single time I remember that old couple I know, I can feel with every fiber of my being that somewhere out in the world, I could someday have someone to hold hands with, when I’m 80 years old and to love unconditionally and be loved unconditionally back. We have that ability to love inside all of us. Around the world, there have been couples that have found their ideal significant other and they have lived their years in peace and love. Everyone can have their special someone and have that wonderful happiness.