Maria Cristina - O Burgo, Spain

Animals:

Everyone has a passion or something that you like so much. Mine, are animals. I love animals, almost all kinds except spiders and bugs because they scare me. I’ve felt this since I was so little. For example, when I was three, my parents found me under a cow. I think animals are so smart and they know who will be nice with them, because if I arrive somewhere and there are cats or dogs, they always come beside me.

That is why I want to be a vet. This is my dream since I was six. I already know in what university I will take classes since three years ago. I have to take six years classes to become a vet, and later I have to do practices or be a vet assistant for some time. The university is in Spain, in a city called Leon. It is about one-hundred fifty miles far from my home, La Coruna. The reason because I want to go to this university is because it is one of the best universities in Spain. After I finish my career, I think I will go back to La Coruna, but I am not sure.

That is why I don’t like when people hit or treat animals not nicely. I hate when people hunt only to have some fun, or when people buy a dog or a cat and three or four months later they get tired of the pet and they leave it in the forest or somewhere.

But what I really hate with all my soul and it drives me so sad, it is some stupid test that some people do with animals. It is the most stupidest thing that a person could do, because ninety-five per cent of these tests are not valid for people.

People think these tests are great because with it, medicine can keep going. But the truth is so different. The sixty per cent of these tests are for make-up companies, twenty per cent for army tests, and only ten per cent of the total is for medicine.

I think that is ridiculous, in the twenty-first century people keep killing and torturing animals to have fun. It is so unfair and if everyone who thinks like me are in this together, we can save so many animals lifes.