Leana - Dowagiac, Michigan

So this one day I am sitting at home by myself, and it was thunder storming. I was on the internet talking to people on AOL Instant Messenger and down loading music off of iTunes. Suddenly, the power goes out. Not only am I scared of thunderstorms, I also do not like the dark and let me tell you it was dark. So you know I’m sitting downstairs and my dog is whining and needs to go outside really badly. So I run and go put her on her chain and it breaks so she runs into the street I’m chasing her and I look to left there is definitely a car coming like twelve feet away or so. So I dive and rescue my dog from getting hit by a car. So I grab her by her collar and we are on our way home when suddenly this lightning strikes a tree in front of us breaks it in half and one of the halves just happens to fall on my house. I went inside to check out the damage and the tree limb is totally on my bed, on my American girl, on my pillow. Yes it was a bad day. But I got to thinking man was I lucky. If I hadn’t let out my dog that tree would have definitely landed on my head. I would have been dead for sure. I hurried up and called my mothers cell phone and she couldn’t get off work so I had to call Bob. He came and rescued me. The tree was removed in like two hours but the repairs took days. After they got the tree removed from my house, we had to go pick up my little brother and sister from day care. There a tree fell on the power line and there was a mini fire. On the drive home I noticed that a lot of other people also had tress on their houses or just trees fallen over with smashed houses. It was a brutal day. But any who, what this experience taught me is that miracles do happen. If it wasn’t for my dogs chain breaking my face would have looked like a dis-configured pancake. Ever since then I have definitely had a different perspective on life in a more positive way. Every now and then I take a break from my daily life routines and notice the little things. Like how pretty the sky looks just before the sun goes to bed. And before that terrible summer day I took all these things fro granted. But I guess sometimes it takes a miracle to change the way you look at things like life.