Allycia - Dowagiac, Michigan
Themes: love

Love

When people think of love, it’s often the mushy, boyfriend/girlfriend, lovey dovey stuff. For me, it is so much more than that. I have a lot of love, but it is not for a boyfriend. The love I have is for my family and my friends.

For every part of my life, my parents have always been there. I had a hard time with medical issues when I was younger, and my parents were always there. If I needed something, my mom and dad would get it for me, or help me with it.

How often can someone say their brothers were good brothers, and actually admit it to them? I know I can. I have an older brother that thinks the world of me. My second oldest brother is extremely protective, but I know in his own way, he loves me too. My other brother, the third one, has always had a hard time when he was younger because we always picked on him. Now, he’s my confidante. I can tell him anything, and I know I can trust him. Recently, I gained another brother. He’s a couple of years older than me, so he’s a brother I can hang out with and have fun with. All of my brothers love me, and I love them too.

My best friend is more of a sister to me than a friend. I have known her for only three years, but it seems much longer than that. She and I can tell each other anything. She doesn’t judge me like other people do. When I had my accident, she was the one that was always ther for me. Whether she could come over and see me or not, she called me everyday to make sure I was okay. When I was finally able to ride again, she was the one that was there for me. Mandi was the biggest help with getting my confidence back.

If I ever have a problem, she will always be the one to help me with it. No matter what I’m upset about, she can always make me smile by giving me a box of Midol, or giving me my horse’s bridle for a quick run. I’ve had my heart broken so many times that I never let things out. I just keep them all bottled up, but she makes me get things out. “A good cry never hurt anyone” is what she tells me all the time. Her and I both lost our favorite horses within a few months of each other. She lost hers first, then I lost mine. We were both there for each other, through everything. Mandi is a better sister than a friend, but unfortunately, she’s not a sister by blood.

My belief is that love will conquer and comfort all things. The love that true friends and family offer will often be the greatest and most cherished thing in this world.