Priscilla - donna, Texas
Themes: family, setbacks

Have you ever wondered what its like for your parents to lose all trust in you? Well, as for me I know. My parents lost all trust in me a trust that had taken me my whole life to get. It all happened because I wanted to go to the movies with my boyfriend. So one day when my parents went to the grocery store I left with my brother and he took me to my boyfriend’s house. Then my brother left with his girlfriend and we left right behind them. After the movie ended we went out to eat and from there I left home with my brother. We got home at about 2:00 a.m. my mom was still awake and very mad. She asked me were I had been and why I hadn’t answered my phone. I told her that I had been at the movies with my brother and his girlfriend. I didn’t tell her about my boyfriend because she would have gotten a lot angrier. She told me I should have left a note or called. I said whatever and walked to my room. The next day she told my dad and he yelled at me. I told them that I didn’t care and went back to sleep. Now I do the same thing every weekend. They don’t even bother to ask me where I’m going because they think that I went somewhere with my brother. Now when I ask them fro permission they say no. So I believe that it’s better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. I believe this because most of the times when I ask for permission my parents say no but when I ask for forgiveness it doesn’t really matter if they get mad because I already did what I wanted to do so they can’t do much about it. I can also ask for forgiveness and not mean it but the worst they can do is yell at me or ground m e but they already know that I’m going to do it again the following weekend. I stared to believe that when I realized it had worked for my older siblings.