Carole - Cassopolis, Michigan
Themes: forgiveness, love

To err is human, to forgive divine & true love conquers all…

I guess, everybody was in the situation, that a person we really love made a bad mistake and we are the ones, who suffer from it. Whoever this person was, maybe a close friend, the girl- or boyfriend, your mum or dad, your sister, brother… this happening hurts a lot. But hopefully we are able to forgive this person, because we know that it is human to err, divine to forgive and because we love this person with all our heart, that this love conquers all.

A few months ago I was in this situation: I was hanging out at the lake with some friends. It was sunny, warm and we had a great time. Then a good friend of mine told me, that he is in love with the older sister of one of my best friends. I don’t really know her, but I promised to find out if she has a boyfriend or not. The next day, I asked my friend, if her sister is in a relationship. She didn’t want to give me the answer, until I would tell her why I wanted to know that. So I told everything. She just laughed and said: “No, she doesn’t have a boyfriend.”

In the evening I called my friend to tell him this great news, but when he picked up the phone, he didn’t say anything except: “I did trust you, but now I don’t trust you anymore. I never thought that you would do something like that.” After these words, he hung up. I felt so bad, because first I didn’t realize that he would be that mad at me, if I would tell somebody. I started to cry and cried for a long time. Then my sadness had turned into anger. I called my best friend, I was yelling at her, because I was so upset about this whole thing and I made her responsible for everything, because she told my friend, that I told her that she is in love with her sister. And I said, that this is the only reason we have this bad argument… and on and on. That night I couldn’t sleep until early in the morning.

I went to school and I saw my best friend, sitting in a corner, looking at me with a sad face. Then she averts my eyes. And suddenly I realized that I made a really, really bad mistake and I felt so sorry for everything I did and I run towards her and there were tears on my cheeks. I didn’t want anything else, except talk to her and hope that she could forgive me. She could, and I forgave her that she told something she shouldn’t. We were hugging each other, so happy that this argument is over. Then I called my other friend and talked to him and he said that it isn’t a big deal. He was just very angry at the moment, but that he had forgiven me, because I am a very important person in his life, and he doesn’t wants to lose me, because of that.

This is the reason, why I believe, that it is human to err, divine to forgive and that true love conquers all.