Lisa - Hoover, Alabama

“Forebearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.” Colossians 3:13 (KJV)

Have you ever been emotionally murdered? I believe it’s a discreet, often unacknowledged behaviorial crime that’s on the rise. A contradiction: the ultimate unconfrontational confrontation.

Feel thrown away? It sounds and feels almost like a permanent condition, but thankfully with God it’s not. Have you unintentionally committed a social misdemeanor? Then find you’re being terminated for a felony? Often without warning or explaination. You’ll survive!

The terminating term: emotionally murdered emerges like a final gasp when a friendship or relationship abruptly closes. Albeit clueless on the receiving end. It’s not easy to adapt because of what someone else decided. I’ve personally experienced it for the same or various unknown reasons to this day with a few treasured upon life’s journey of five years–ten years–etc.

Believe me, if I knew how to fix or stop it I would. I grauvel. Pray. Many times the door never reopens and I never even knew why it slammed in the first place.

How does this happen? Dunno. Especially if nothing was intentionally done to upset the Whodunit. I’ll never understand how people easily discard others. Can’t they make a good vs. bad qualities list first? Crediting past favors, cards, casseroles, empathy sessions,etc.

Overwhelming confusion, frustration, rejection and ’bouts of depression aren’t really deadends. During cycles of such brokeness amazing recycling occurs. First glance introspection might look like an interior abyss of decaying mildew swirling in a suctioning black hole. Or like being consumed by a soul eating disease from inside-out. However, over time you’ll evolve discovering new places of belonging. Growth!

Companioned by God’s healing, forgiving and unconditional availability. Just God and you. Renewed.

Is abandonment experienced to bring us closer to Him? History mystery becomes His story. If anyone understands aloneness…It’s God. God understands and believes in me. You. God forgives. He breathes new life in us! God saves. For keeps.

~Lord, help us be more forgiving of ourselves and others.