Christopher - Burr Ridge, Illinois
Themes: work

I believe that you should never give up on a goal that you started. I think that it is a waste of energy to quit. All that time that you spent gone to waste. If you started something then you must have had a reason to start it in the first place, so you should stick to it. Embrace it and remember it.

When I get frustrated with a goal I started I just think of what made me start the goal in the first place. When I remember it I will try to think like I did back then. If I can’t then I force my self to accomplish the goal. I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t accomplish a goal.

My belief applies to any goal that you choose to do. It doesn’t matter who influenced you to do it, it was ultimately your decision in the end. You should honor that choice by finishing what you started.

In my opinion I think that is more rewarding to put in the effort to finish the goal that I choose because then I have the right to say that I tried to accomplish it. If I put in all my effort then it doesn’t matter as much if I don’t accomplish the goal. If I didn’t put any effort into the goal and I didn’t finish it then I have no one to blame but myself. Then I end up feeling miserable in the end knowing I could have tried harder.

The first time that I was inspired to put my heart into a goal was when I joined football in eighth grade. It was my first time playing in an actual season of football. I didn’t know any of the plays and it was harder than I expected it to be. I was miserable and I hated it. I tried my hardest every day but I was getting nowhere. Pretty soon my head always hurt and I had three broken fingers. One day after practice I was on my way to tell my coach that I quit, when I got stopped by one of my friends. When I told him what I was about to do he said to me that he wouldn’t let me quit. When I asked why he said that he had seen me put too much effort into the sport. He said that all of that effort that I spent would go to waste if I quit. Those words that he said to me inspired me to finish out the season and those words are what I live my life by to this day. This is what I believe in.