Bo - La Grange, Illinois
Themes: change, pleasure

I believe…

I believe that everyone should enjoy life and make the most of it. You should try new exiting activities, and take chances. You haven’t lived life to the fullest until you take chances and experience new things.

A few summers ago my parents told me about a small camp in Minnesota. The idea of the camp seemed bizarre and I wasn’t interested at all. At first when my parents told me about this camp the idea of staying away from home for 2 weeks with a bunch of people I didn’t know with no electricity or running water or a nice bed to sleep in and working hard all day in the hot sun didn’t seem like much fun to me. But for some reason I felt like trying something new and out of the ordinary. Somehow I convinced myself to try this absurd camp.

I arrived at this camp and I was extremely nervous, so nervous my knees were shaking, my teeth were chattering, and there about a dozen butterflies in my stomach. I got out of my car and I was amazed at the site. All the counselors in the camp were jumping up and down screaming there heads off and making a huge seen. Then one of the counselors pointed at me and a like swarm of bees they surrounded me and picked me up on their shoulders. They brought me to a group of campers that were as excited as I was and we had no idea what was going on. Everyone was happy and I was all caught up in the moment I had forgotten how nervous I had been. From the very first minute I entered that camp I was having the time of my life. I enjoyed every single moment and it was probably the best 2 weeks ever. I met many new people and became a better person.

That experience has changed my life forever. If I didn’t take the chance of trying something new then I would be a much different person than I am today. Now I go back the same camp every year and someday I hope to work there. What this experience has taught me is you should enjoy life as much as you can. You’re never going to be contempt with yourself unless you take chances and have fun. That is what I believe.