Dennis - Des Plaines, Illinois
Themes: hope, sports

I believe that the Cubs will win the World Series. Not only this year, but every year. I have to. I know it is silly to say, but I truly believe each year the Cubs will win the World Series until it is done. And when they don’t, there’s always next year.

I believe in next year. After each October when baseball’s winter meetings roll around, I know the Cubs will reload and put together a team capable of great things. A team that has the potential to bring an entire city together that will without fail live and die with each pitch of the postseason. Ninety-nine years and counting without that World Series, but as far back as I can remember I have believed that the Cubs are going to win it all.

I believe that one fan cannot cost a baseball a victory. It is easy to blame that one person but it isn’t right. The blame should be blamed on a manager who overworked his pitchers, a shortstop that choked, and a team that just wanted it more.

I believe that this year is the Cubs year. Although not the experts pick to win, they are my pick as they are every year. And as in years past I just hope that the Cubs don’t break my heart.

The one thing I do not believe in is curses. Not billy goats, not black cats and certainly not a dude with headphones control the fate of a baseball team. That it left to the baseball Gods, who clearly have it out for the Cubs.

I believe in the Chicago Cubs.